Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm Not Crazy About This Shirt

It's kinda tight and it's got Sweet Baby Ray's all over it. Still, I'm wearing it. I'm getting a lot of stares but maybe that's because this is a funeral and people don't know what to do with their eyes when they're nervous.

But I don't mind the spotlight. I thrive under it, blossom into a whole new me.

Today's not about me, though. It's about my buddy Wide Load and paying our last respects. He died trying to chase a badger out of his crawl space. The badger bit his throat and he bled out back there. Took his wife Judy an entire afternoon to find him. Wide Load was kinda quiet, so it wasn't odd when she didn't hear him for awhile.

Anyway, the mortician is a real magician with a makeup brush. You can't even see the bite marks. Wide Load looks terrific in that casket. It's just too bad he has to be dead to be in it.

Life, huh? What a crazy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment