Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Meaning of Life

All to hell! Here's a little analogy for you intellectuals out there. Fantasy Football is like life, man. I mean even though the word "fantasy" is used... it's used loosely. Like the way I use the word "analogy" loosely. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I agreed to join a fantasy football league this year. I reluctantly joined because my good friend Skitter was in dire need of a 10th owner. Anyways, let me get to the point. This past week, known as Week 11 in the league, was a real topsy-turvy week for me. My team kind of sucks because I drafted a busted-up, old man, dream team. I'm talking L.T., Larry Johnson and Kurt Warner. Yeah, I haven't watched the NFL for a few fucking years! Sue me! And no, I don't have SportsCenter, assholes. Back to the point, I was heads up against the number 1 this week. He was projected to beat me 151-77. That's 74 points! So, I accepted my fate and actually watched some football on TV instead of on the computer. Haha. Turns out I fucking won 115-114. I won by 1 point. Later, I found out that I should have loss but for the fact that a supposedly selfless running back, Maurice Jones-Drew, took a knee before going into the end zone so his team could run some clock and win the game. What an idiot. I read that MJD's fantasy football team loss because of his move. My opponent would have won if MJD went into the endzone, but he loss because, without any control of his own, a third party decided his fate. Well, I thought FF was like life, but now I'm not really sure. It kind of is?

No comments:

Post a Comment